Minifiddlers Violin Pedagogy Course: 4th year
In the videos Professor Szilvay teaches his group of children, which makes it easy for you to follow along. You can study the videos individually at your own pace, or you can gather together your own group of little violinists and follow the weekly lesson plan. The package includes lessons for the whole fourth year.
Get access to the course platform by registering and choosing a subscription plan.
The plan suits for a single user, e.g. an individual pedagogue, student or a family.
from 14,95 € / month
Bring training materials for a group of users! The plan suits for multiple teachers or students e.g. in music schools and institutions.
Unlimited access during the chosen subscription period
Lessons and pedagogical topics
Each video lesson is 15–30 minutes.
- Lesson 1 — Détaché
- Lesson 2 — Time signature 6/8
- Lesson 3 — Sharpened open string
- Lesson 4 — Legato
- Lesson 5 — The sharpened stopping position of the fourth finger
- Lesson 6 — Portato
- Lesson 7 — Melodic minor
- Lesson 8 — Scales
- Lesson 9 — Introducing the "strict" Martelé
- Lesson 10 — Sixteenth / semiquaver rest
- Lesson 11 — Martelé (smiling)
- Lesson 12 — Sixteenth / semiquaver rest before the note
- Lesson 13 — Time signature 9/8
- Lesson 14 — Christmas matinée
- Lesson 15 — The sharpened stopping position of the first finger
- Lesson 16 — Half position
- Lesson 17 — Introducing Staccato
- Lesson 18 — Introducing the light or flying staccato
- Lesson 19 — The flattened / lowered stopping position of the third finger
- Lesson 20 — Introducing Marcato
- Lesson 21 — Thirty-second note / demisemiquaver and rest
- Lesson 22 — Double dots
- Lesson 23 — Introducing bouncing bow
- Lesson 24 — The flattened or double flattened stopping position of the second finger
- Lesson 25 — Chromaticism
- Lesson 26 — Preparation for children's festival
- Lesson 27 — Preparation for children's festival
- Lesson 28 — Alla breve
- Lesson 29 — Introducing Ricochet
- Lesson 30 — Introducing Arpeggio
- Lesson 31 — Introducing chordal playing
- Lesson 32 — Introducing Sautillé
Book(s) used in the course
Géza Szilvay: Colourstrings Violin ABC, Book E and Book F + Yellow Pages Volumes I, II and III
- Lessons 1–14: Book E + Yellow Pages Volumes I and III
- Lessons 15–32: Book F + Yellow Pages Volumes II and III
Please notice that the page numbers may vary depending on the edition used.
Teacher: Prof. Géza Szilvay
Violinist, teacher, conductor and the President of ESTA (European String Teachers Association) Prof. Géza Szilvay is creator of Colourstrings method.
Géza has decades of experience of violin pedagogy. He has given more than 200 lectures and workshops on his child-centered teaching method and philosophy across the world, and trained pupils and teachers online over 10 years. In addition to his long pedagogical experience, Géza is known for his strong presence and personal warmth that makes him an excellent and impressive online teacher.
We’re here to help
Are you facing problems or having a question?
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible, but in any case within 1–2 business days.